Mar 14, 2011

A Day Late?

Or maybe a week late?  Our monthly guild meeting was last Tuesday, and I cannot believe I haven't taken the time to post anything since then.  That one late night early in the week seems to sap me of energy for the rest of the week!

We had a guest speaker, Christa Newhouse who is the owner of Yarn Dreamer and Insel Haus.  She told us she knits every day from short bits up to 18 hours a day to complete the designs she's working on.  I've seen much of her double knitting work in the past, but still, to see it all in one place is truly awe inspiring.  I took a few pictures of some of her newer pieces.  She's begun to work with brioche stitch as well, and spent the bulk of the evening showing us how to use the "knit one below" method of producing a brioche sampler scarf.  The color is a bit off, but I hope you'll get the idea.


For show and share, many guild members had their Woden hats to share. . .it was flattering and humbling to see how many spent time working on my pattern and to hear their joy with the completed project.

And Jo wasn't at the meeting, but showed me her completed hat later in the week. . .Like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I'm eager to read what you have to say in response. Your comments help me feel that I'm not writing into a void. . .keep them coming!