Feb 24, 2011

Drive By Blogging. . .

I'm on vacation this week, but have been spending less time at the computer than I'd hoped.  Here are a few pictures of what I've been up to!

A hat for my hairdresser. . .she wanted a slouchy hat in brown--I'm hoping this is brown enough for her, it's Blackstone Tweed Chunky, and a pattern by Ysolda Teague, the Icing Swirl Hat.  A super fun, super fast knit.  It has interesting decreases, so that all of the slouchy-ness is at the back of the hat, leaving the top relatively smooth. . .I liked it!


A crocheted summer scarf. . .washed and drying. . .


The beginnings of another cotton scarf. . .

I'll tell you more about those when they're done and ready for their own posts.

Snow.M.G.

We were hit with another huge storm on Monday, I spent a good part of the morning shoveling out, and then we got another few inches last night.  From the looks of it, it's going to be heavy and wet.  My back is already complaining.

The no-name hat has a name!  I've decided on Wall Flower.  The name is a combination of things that have been posted in the comments or emailed to me over the last couple of weeks.  It will be available on Ravelry later today.  For those of you following the blog, I'll get your discount code emailed to you as soon as the pattern is posted! This version was knit out of Rowan Felted Tweed, and apparently, I was a little tense as I knit it, as the gauge doesn't match so well, and it's a bit smaller than the one out of Cascade 220 superwash.  Meh.
 I'm starting to chart some mittens to coordinate.  But I'm wondering. . .do you like afterthought thumbs, or gussets?  Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I'm eager to read what you have to say in response. Your comments help me feel that I'm not writing into a void. . .keep them coming!