Jun 5, 2010

Basement Update and More!

THIRTEEN weeks into the project, it's still not done.  Close, but not done yet.  We keep hearing it will be just another week. . .Here are some pictures to keep you entertained. (from our older camera, apparently my POS camera needs some TLC to upload pictures)

I now have more cabinets and storage in my basement and bar area than I do in any other room in our house.  Maybe more there than in any three rooms combined!  I LOVE it!

Notice the new sink?

Our fireplace was refaced, and a few tiles from Pewabic Pottery in Detroit were added as accent pieces.
It still needs a good cleaning, they just grouted yesterday, but here's a closer look at the Pewabic tiles:
 The tile in the shower is great--

And my favorite part?  The bathroom sink.  The sewing machine was Joanie's grandmothers, and we lucked upon finding a beautiful stone bowl for the sink.  When the faucet is on, it looks just like an old fashioned water pump!


On the crafting front, I've recovered a few chairs to place in the basement when it's finally finished.  LOVE the fabrics we used! And I've uploaded some patterns into Ravelry for simple bags and hats.  One pattern isn't an original design, but rather a modification of Danielle LaFramboise's Windmill Bag.  Check them out, you may find something fun to knit!
The yarn I had processed at Stonehedge arrived on Tuesday, well ahead of schedule, and I'll start swatching with it this week while my friend Linda begins to play with color and see how it takes dye.  We may have some fun kits ready before long!

So, what have YOU been up to?

2 comments:

  1. Somehow I messed up and put my comments about the basement on the entry below. Sorry 'bout that.

    Still, wanted you to know how both M & I love how it came out. (Just showed him the pics.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more week sounds familiar. Seen 'The Money Pit' lately?? Anyway, the basement looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'm eager to read what you have to say in response. Your comments help me feel that I'm not writing into a void. . .keep them coming!