Nov 2, 2011

NaNoWriMo, NaKniSweMo, NaBloPoMo

Huh?

After a long silence, I guess I need to come to the realization that summer is over.  With it being National Novel Writing Month, National Knit a Sweater Month, and National Blog Post Month, I figured I should probably come out of my vacuum and say hello.  Hello!

Those who take these challenges seriously will have a novel, a sweater, or daily blog posts by November 30.  I'm planning to just come out of hiding.  (Well, and knit a sweater too. . .why not?)

I've actually been working on some knitting designs that have pulled my attention away from the blog, since I can't really write much about them, and have to keep pictures under wraps.  School has been a challenge this year as our schedule has changed, and it's made it tough to find a groove to getting all of my responsibilities handled every day. . .I think I'm almost there, though and report cards were due this week. . .we're one quarter of the way through the school year--Wahoo!!

While I'll continue to work on a few designs that will be submitted later this month or early next, and I didn't actually start yesterday, I'm going to drink the kool-aid, and join in with other knitters this month and crank out a sweater.  I'll be casting on today. . . probably in worsted weight, possibly a Philosopher's Wool kit, since I'll be taking a trip to their farm on Saturday.

I'll also strive to be a more regular poster again. . .daily? don't hold your breath. . .but more regular.  I've sort of missed this opportunity to share what's going on, even though I don't always think it's that interesting to others!

If you've missed me, leave a comment. . .ask a question. . .post a picture. . .we can encourage each other along as we pick up speed towards the holidays.

1 comment:

  1. Well, welcome back. Can't wait til Saturday and our trip to Philosopher's Wool. Trying to start a sweater before we go there, so I may have more than one on the needles before the end of the month!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'm eager to read what you have to say in response. Your comments help me feel that I'm not writing into a void. . .keep them coming!